Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Day in the Life . . .



A day or two ago, I was digging through a pile of papers on my desk and discovered a gift card for a $10 iTunes download. Time for a new contest! If you follow this blog, I assume you love books as much as I do. Think about one of your favorite books. Wouldn’t it be fun if you could step into that book and become one of the characters for a day? After thinking it over, I settled on Claire in Diana Gabaldon’s time travel series, The Outlander. Why? Because Claire, a nurse in World War II, goes to Scotland with her husband and, while wandering around a group of standing stones, finds herself whisked back in time to the 1600’s where she meets the true love of her life, Jamie Fraser. Why would I choose Claire? Think hunky Scot in kilts. Any more questions?    
                             
                                                     

Remember, this contest is not limited to works of fiction. Nonfiction and biographies work too. As for me, I was tempted to be Eleanor of Aquitaine for a day. This remarkable woman was married to two kings, the mother of three kings and lived to the ripe old age of 82 in the 12th century. What fun it would be to go back in time and see the world through Eleanor’s eyes.

                                           
If you’d like your name in the drawing for the $10 iTunes gift card, here’s what you have to do to enter: Click on the comment button and tell me the name of the book and which character you’d like to be for a day. That’s it! Good luck.

2 comments:

  1. Beth from Black Dagger Brotherhood. Her man is the main character Wrath. The men is these books are strong handsome very much is to love making and t is hot hot hot!! Who won't want to have a strong man protect and want you all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, please contact me with your mailing address so I can send you the gift card. There's a contact form on my website. www.marileebrothers.com.

    ReplyDelete